Before the Big Tell – 7 awkward situations
1. When you go out for drinks with friends and have to say you’re taking antibiotics to explain why you can’t drink alcohol.
2. When the in-laws invite you to dinner and you have to (regretfully) refuse the cold-cuts platter they’ve prepared especially for you because they know it’s your favorite.
3. When your colleagues can’t understand why you’re avoiding coffee, when you’re normally more of a five-mugs-a-day kinda gal.
Don’t miss: Morning sickness – everything you need to know
4. When your friends admire the naturalness of your “no-makeup look”.
5. When it’s the second time this week that someone’s discovered you gently snoring in the office wellness room.
6. When a colleague shows a cute YouTube clip at a meeting and you have to rush out of the room in floods of tears.
7. When your fashion choices inexplicably change from sleek and tight-fitting to flowing and baggy.
How to dress your bump: Maternity clothes hacks